I teach Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and am a Certified Mindful Self Compassion (MSC) teacher. I’m a guest MSC teacher for the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP, Bangor University).
I’m also a senior Breathworks teacher/trainer and part of the Breathworks programme planning team. I’ve been delivering Mindfulness for Health and Mindfulness for Stress Courses since 2011. I teach mindfulness in the workplace programmes and am trained to deliver MBCT and .b (Misp). I’m a mindfulness-based supervisor for the Mindfulness Network and a supravisor for Breathworks CIC.
I’m an experienced retreat leader for training and meditation retreats and offers silent, teacher-led mindfulness, self-compassion and meditation retreats in the UK and Europe.
I have delivered mindfulness-based training for many years within a range of contexts, e.g. for businesses, for a range of voluntary organisations including the Probation Service, the Mental Health Consortium, Women’s Aid and for those living with HIV and Aids.
I hold a doctorate from The University of Liverpool School of Sociology and Social Policy and have lectured in sociology, research methodology, women’s and gender studies, and worked as a social researcher commissioned by the National Health Service. I have experience in teaching and group work facilitation both in community settings and in the voluntary sector.
I am a qualified person-centred counsellor and have worked with people suffering from anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, low self-esteem and depression. I have taught counselling skills in Liverpool for many years and hold a certificate in Education.
- Certified Mindful Self-Compassion Teacher (Centre for Mindfulness, University SanDiego)
- Trained supervisor (CMRP)
- MBSR & MBCT teacher (CMRP)
- Senior Accredited Breathworks teacher and trainer
- .b teacher (Mindfulness in Schools Project)
- PhD, Liverpool University
- MA Women’s Studies, Liverpool University
- Certificate in Education, Liverpool John Moore’s University
- Diploma in Counselling, City of Liverpool Community College
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (general populations)
- Mindful Self Compassion and Mindfulness-based Interventions with significant emphasis on compassion/self-compassion (general populations)
- Breathworks’ Mindfulness for Stress and Mindfulness for Health (for people living with pain and illness)
- Embodied Enquiry
- The Work that Reconnects – Deep Ecology work
I’ve had a personal meditation practice for the last 10 years and been part of a dharma study group for the last three years. My foundational practices are breath and body-based meditations. I practise metta bhavana and a variety of self-compassion practices. I have attended many retreats over the last 10 years at a number of retreat centres and with a number of teachers including: Christina Feldman, Martin Aylward, Leela Sarti, Yanai Postelnik and Kristen Kratz.
Research Activities and Interests
I’m interested in making mindfulness and self-compassion practice sustainable and I deliver a range of events that are designed to support, deepen and inspire practice. I’m interested in socially-engaged Buddhism, seeking ways to apply the insights from meditation practice and dharma teachings to situations of suffering and injustice. I also facilitate ‘The Work That Reconnects,’ Deep Ecology workshops based on the work of Joanna Macy.
Colette’s website – www.mindfulnesscourse.co.uk